Welcome to McMillen Freshman Football! We look forward to providing the best possible season for your student athlete this year. The Booster Club's mission is to support the team through parent and community involvement, promoting school spirit and offering events and activities to help our coaching staff focus on preparing and training our athletes to compete, as they pursue their high school education.
[NEW] Scroll to the bottom of this page for a video explaining practice drop-off procedures.
Although we have heard from a few of you regarding serving on the board, we still need 3 or 4 people to fill open committee chair positions. Please click here: https://forms.gle/c57YzGi2AtV565gX7 (this link uses Google Forms) to review and sign-up to serve in this important way. Remember, we are only as strong as our Booster Club!
1. Purchase the minimum workout equipment required and also join the Football Booster Club as a member by paying the small fee, visit: https://mhslionsfootball.org/online-store no later than, Friday, August 14th. REQUIRED PURCHASES ARE AS FOLLOWS: a) 2020 Compression Workout Shirt, b) 2020 Workout Shorts, and c) 2020 Booster Club Membership Fee.
2. Complete all required RankOne documents: https://planoisd.rankonesport.com/New/NewParentLogin.aspx
All documents along with updated sports physical performed by a licensed physician, must be completed prior to participation. Email a copy to our trainer, Coach Lopez (Brianna.email@example.com). If you can't email a copy, you may bring in the forms to Coach Lopez or any of our coaches.
• All students need to sign-in via Google Classroom, code: i34635d
• Students will meet virtually on Wednesday, Aug. 12th for 7th period (approx 3:25pm), using Google Meet
• Virtual parent meeting will be scheduled as soon as possible
• Practices will start as soon as Monday, August 17th, from 6:15 to 8:15am, at McMillen HS.
• [NEW] Scroll to the bottom of this page for video about drop-off procedures.
• All of the necessary equipment for football will be issued - to be announced.
• Helmets, shoulder pads, white pants for practices and games will be issued
• Students will need to bring cleats and appropriate workout apparel for our beginning workouts/practice. Mouth guards will also be needed.
• Parents may elect to buy a helmet or shoulder pads, but they must be a "high school" size helmet and they must be white with a gray facemask. Face shields are permitted for extra protection.
• Parents may also choose to buy the compression shorts with the built-in hip and tail pad (some also have the thigh pads built-in). Parents may also choose to buy custom fit pants but they must be white.
• Students will need to bring their own water to practices and games. No sport drinks or sugar drinks. Water only. We are doing this to eliminate the spread or contraction of COVID-19. Please do your best to mark water bottles with your son's name for an extra level of safety.